[Mimedefang] Mimederfang not running all Spamassassin tests

Ron Wilhoite ronw at bals.org
Mon Jul 28 15:49:33 EDT 2008

On 07/28/2008 03:01 PM Chris Sanburn wrote:

> Thanks for the tips Ron. I'm certainly in agreement, it seems like
> mimedefang isn't using the same configuration. I've got two files,
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf
> Using spamassassin -D --lint I see it loads both files. Looking at
> /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl I see it looks in the following:
>
> Is there a debugging mode to use on mimedefang to see exactly which
> configuration files it's loading?

There may be an easier way, but the spam_assassin_* functions in
mimedefang-filter let you optionally specify a config file.

Edit the call to spam_assassin_check in your filter, probably filter_end:

spam_assassin_check(/path/to/<pickoneofyourfiles>.cf)

tell mimedefang to reread, and you should be able to track it down.

Ron