[Mimedefang] SURBL hits - blocking delivery

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Jul 7 14:20:17 EDT 2008

A) I don't suggest using RBLs to block and certainly not SURBL "SURBLs
differ from most other lists in that they're used to detect unsolicited
messages based on message body URIs (usually web sites). Unlike most other
lists, SURBLs are not meant to identify messages senders by their message
headers or connection IP addresses. Instead they help identify messages by
the sites mentioned in their message bodies."

B) MIMEDefang is usually the answer ;-)

C) From Mark Damrose:

I submitted a domain_is_blacklisted function, but I don't believe it
ever made it into a release.  You can get it here
http://mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?UseSURBL

regards,
KAM