[Mimedefang] E-mail REJECT problem

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Jul 23 09:30:50 EDT 2008

> Now I know one should not do RBL rejection in filter_recipient, since
> the message will be rejected for every recipient (where a once off
> rejection would have been far more efficient).

No, this is the cruz of Stefen's point.

       filter_recipient  must  return  a  two-to-five  element list whose
interpretation is the same as for fil­
       ter_sender.  Note, however, that if filter_recipient returns
'DISCARD', then the entire message  for  all
       recipients is discarded.  (It doesn't really make sense, but that's
how Milter works.)

I believe you are returning REJECT therefore the rejection only applies to
ONE recipient.  You need to keep looping and checking all recipients and I'm
guessing that's where your logic error remains.

Regards,
KAM