[Mimedefang] Re: Rejecting spam

Nigel Allen dna at edrs.com.au
Sat Jul 12 02:44:34 EDT 2008

On 12/07/2008 1:20 PM, Jim McCullars wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Kelson wrote:
>

>> Actually, since you're already using SpamAssassin, you should be able to
>> just have MIMEDefang look at the list of rules that were triggered and
>> see if it includes the various SURBL-related rules.  (Assuming that
>> you're using SA through MD.)
>>

>    We do that here.  If he has something like this in his filter_end() :
>
>   my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
>
> he can add something like this after it:
>
>   if ($report =~ /URIBL_(SC|WS)_SURBL.+\n\s+\[URIs:\s(.+)]/) {
>     my $rbl = $1;
>     my $uri = $2;
>     return action_bounce("This message contains a URL referring to a domain ($2) that is listed on the $rbl URI RBL, and will not be accepted by this system.  If you feel you have received this message in error, please notify postmaster\@mydomain.com")
>   }
>

>    That's assuming URIBL checking is enabled.  Hope this helps...

Absolutely - makes a lot more sense now. Problem is that I'm not getting
this pattern recognised.

Given I'm not a perl accolyte, can anyone tell me exactly what is the
string we expect to get back in $report? In fact what comes back in
$names too?

Is this stuff not documented anywhere or am I blind (or is Mimedefang
one of these "It was hard to write, it should be bloody hard to
understand" things?) :)

N/