[Mimedefang] configure problem on hppa

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jul 11 10:29:40 EDT 2008

Christoph Martin wrote:

[...]

> You also get the program to fail with an SIGILL if you try to attach a
> strace to the running conftest.

> This only happens on the hppa architecture. All the other Debian
> architectures configure and compile fine.

I saw this very weird bug report... I suspect it's a problem with either
Perl or the pthreads library on HPPA.

I do not know how feasible it is to supply different configure arguments
for different architectures in Debian, but you can avoid the problem
by using:

   ./configure --disable-embedded-perl

when building the package.  This will, of course, make the HPPA .deb different
from all the other architectures.