[Mimedefang] SURBL hits - blocking delivery

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Jul 7 15:45:46 EDT 2008

I find most RBLs to be below my threshold for false positives except when
used inside a scoring framework like SpamAssassin where they can be used in
conjunction to tag an email.

However, specifically, you are discussing an RBL that is not designed to be
used to block and has numerous warnings about doing so on both the home page
and implementation page.

My only guess as to why you haven't had too many complaints is that your
mail volume is too small or too localized.  Heck, last week or so, if you
had been using URIBL to block (like some ISPs were), you would have likely
been blocking emails sent by any outlook / exchange user on the planet
because they accidentally added a schema URI.

Regards,
KAM