[Mimedefang] timeout problem in mimedefang

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Jan 14 15:27:24 EST 2008

--On Monday, January 14, 2008 9:24 AM -0500 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> What exactly are you trying to do?  Normally, we recommend to customers
> never to run MIMEDefang on an SMTP server that MUAs connect to.  Instead,
> use a dedicated submission server for your MUAs and have it relay to the
> MIMEDefang server.  Otherwise, delays in filtering will really annoy
> end-users.

I see that on my home server, but only when I submit from the office, not
when I submit from home.

Has anyone set up a Red Hat server to run dual sendmail instances, one
authenticated submission-only, that passes off to the transfer instance?
What's needed in the mc files and initscript to do that? (I currently just
have the one mc and have it listening on both ports.) I could figure it out
myself but if someone else has already wiki'd the setup details, that would
be a great resource.