[Mimedefang] Re: timeout problem in mimedefang

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Mon Jan 14 11:10:27 EST 2008

vinita batra wrote:

> if webservice responds within 1to2 minutes then sometime i get the same
> mail twice in my inbox.

Does this mean that when whatever "webservice" is responds (to
whatever asks it what whenever) in less than 1 minute or in more
than 2 minutes mail is not duplicated but otherwise it is? If so,
this problem seems just as odd as your mail setup.

In any case, it's very hard for anyone here to know what you are
talking about.

> Can you please tell me why i am getting the same mail twice in the mail inbox.

Because the tooth fairy decided she wanted to be a smtp fairy
instead and uses your system as a teaching tool?

If you want any better answer than that, you should try give more
information.

As a start, I suggest you compare the Received headers between
the first and second copy of the same mail to see if/where they
differ. This can give a hint as to where the mail is duplicated.
And of course you should check your logs...

A common reason for duplicates is a timeout or lost connection
somewhere in the chain between origin and destination.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet