[Mimedefang] timeout problem in mimedefang

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Mon Jan 14 08:35:21 EST 2008

vinita batra wrote:

> Connection timeout is shown by mail client Evolution.

Then why do you think MIMEDefang failed?

First three ways to fix this that comes to my mind:

* Raise the mail clients time out.

* Have a purely queueing MSA daemon that the clients connect to.

* Move the processing out of the milter stuff.

> As per Your advice if response from webservice takes more time,
> then i should not call the webservice from mimedefang, then from where i should
> call that webservice.

I've allready answered that question in one of your previoes
threads...

There's a num,ber of ways you could do this. The first two that
comes to my mind:

* Use a purely queueing sendmail listener that queues to a
separated directory. Then make an app that reads this queue,
process the mails and moves them to the normal sendmail queue.

* Have your MIMEDefang filter catch the mails that needs to be
processed, save them to a queue. Then make an app that reads this
queue, process the mails and requeues the mail. Make sure to
implement something to avoid looping.

Regards
/Jonas
--