[Mimedefang] saving and replacing attachment.

Kimmo Jaskari kimmo.jaskari at eget.fi
Thu Jan 3 05:16:59 EST 2008

Vinita Batra scribbled:

> I request you to please tell me the code for the following:
>
> 1)saving the attachments(having extension .doc or .xls) out of all
> mail attachments in a mail message.
> 2)dropping the attachments(having extension .doc or .xls) out of all
> mail attachments in a mail message.
> 3)adding the modified attachments in a mail message.

As has been previously noted, this is a mailing list where users discuss
the product and try to help each other out. What you appear to be asking
for is not help with some detail to create this, but the finished code
you can just drop in on your installation. That is not realistic. I
doubt anyone here is willing to do what appears to be complicated work
for free.

Open source-type products are always hands-on. They work well but
require knowledge and understanding of them to do custom things.

The suggested way is to do it yourself after studying up, or finding a
good perl programming consultant with mail handling skills and pay
whoever that is well to create your custom code. Assuming what you want
to do can be done and makes sense, of course.

If you can do neither of those things, you should probably try to find
some commercial product for which you can pay to do this, if such a
thing exists.

If none of those options work, you should probably face reality and give
up.

/Kimmo