[Mimedefang] Trend Micro patent idiocy - and so it begins

Stephen L Johnson stephen.johnson at arkansas.gov
Thu Jan 31 14:23:35 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 22:15 +0100, Jan-Pieter Cornet wrote:
> I don't know exactly who said it (IBM?) but in the current american
> legal system, it's wise to stock up on a couple of patents, just to
> defend yourself with, in case one of your competitors comes knocking
> at the door.

But nowadays having a patent portfolio doesn't mean a thing to Patent
Trolls. Companies that own nothing other than patents, and produce
nothing other than patent litigation. Patent portfolios mean nothing to
them.
--
Stephen L Johnson  <stephen.johnson at arkansas.gov>
Unix Systems Administrator / DNS Hostmaster