[Mimedefang] Argument "NOQUEUE" isn't numeric in exit at

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Thu Jan 31 08:30:52 EST 2008

 > mailer mimedefang-multiplexor: [Slave 8 stderr: Argument
 > "m0VASs5h026280" isn't numeric in exit at

 >     if (defined(&filter_cleanup)) {
 >         exit(filter_cleanup());            # line 5361
 >     }

 > It is due to the MsgID not starting with a number in this case

No, it's because your filter_cleanup() returns a MsgID instead of
a numeric value suitable as argument to exit().

 From the manual:
---8<---
The return value from filter_cleanup becomes the slave's exit status.
---8<---

> Is the standard that MsgID should start with numeric value and these
> errors are all to do with bad ID (SPAM).

No and no. The MsgID in question is a queue ID created by your
sendmail and not anything created by the sending system.

> Even, so it would be nice if it could be cleaned up.

I would suggest you look at your filter_cleanup() and fix it so
it returns a suitable exit code.

Regards
/Jonas
--