[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin+MIMEDefang HTML messages Scoring

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Wed Feb 27 12:11:41 EST 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Stephen Gurnick wrote:

> I have a feeling MIMEDefang may be inhibiting the process somehow, since
> if I take one of these spam messages that got through to my inbox and run
> it manually through spamassassin using the command: "spamassassin -t <
> spamemail > spamemail.out" it will score it appropriately and mark it as
> spam.

   You need to use the -p option also to tell spamassassin the location of
the preferences file that MD is using.  On my system, that is
/usr/local/etc/mimedefang/sa-mimedefang.cf but the filename and/or
location might be different for you.

   Also, when you export the message from your Inbox to test with SA, are
you exporting it with all of the same headers that it had when SA was
looking at it?

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville