[Mimedefang] Testing for port #/TLS in filter_relay

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Fri Feb 29 19:02:39 EST 2008

David F. Skoll wrote:
> Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
>> Ok, so...  let's step back a moment.  What's the barrier to passing
>> Sendmail Macros to mimedefang at the relayok time?
>
> The barrier is MIMEDefang's architecture.  It passes macros in the
> COMMANDS
> file and that file does not exist until MAIL FROM.  Fixing this
> is a major change that is unlikely to happen.

What about adding extra parameters to relayok and/or filter_relay()?
mfconnect() has all the state it needs to pass the port # to MXRelayOK().

The arguments could be added on to the end, so existing scripts would
continue to work.

If I send a patch to do it this way, what's the chance of it being accepted?

-Philip