[Mimedefang] Testing for port #/TLS in filter_relay

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Feb 29 10:17:18 EST 2008

Philip Prindeville wrote:

> Doh!  envfrom() in mimedefang.c needs to be modified...  Or else I need
> to pass in extra macro names via -a (as a temporary measure).  Ok, even
> after trying that (-a daemon_port), I'm still not seeing it...  Grrr.
> In fact, %SendmailMacros doesn't seem to get populated until
> filter_begin().

The perl code can't get at the macros until we have a COMMANDS file.
We can't have a COMMANDS file until we have a working directory.
We don't have a working directory until we have a Sendmail queue ID,
and we don't have a Sendmail queue ID until the MAIL command.

That's a long-winded way of saying MIMEDefang will never support
macros before filter_sender.

> David:  how about it?  Can we add 'daemon_port' to the list of default
> macros in envfrom()?

If you call read_commands_file from filter_sender, you will have all
the macros you need.  Use the -a option to pass the needed macro.