[Mimedefang] Lower MIMEDefang Spam Score than SpamAssassin

Stephen Gurnick stephen.gurnick at aptivdigital.com
Mon Feb 25 13:52:08 EST 2008

This post is an addition to my previous posting about MIMEDefang and
Spamassassin working in conjunction with one another.

In running  tests against spam emails that have made it through to
people's inboxes, it appears if I run them through SpamAssassin manually
using the command "spamassassin -t < spamemail" it gets a much higher
score than when it runs through MIMEDefang during the normal email receive
process.

At this point, it looks like MIMEDefang is indeed calling SpamAssassin to
score emails. However it is inhibiting SpamAssassin in some way preventing
it from scoring the emails properly.

Can you please point me in a direction to look at in terms of
configuration files or anything else that may shed some light on what may
be going on here.

Thank you very much.