[Mimedefang] mimedefang and spamassassin question.

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Tue Feb 5 12:20:59 EST 2008

Jan-Pieter Cornet wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:31:12PM -0500, Kris Deugau wrote:
>> Here's another one that I use, although it may not work for everyone:
>>
>> Rather than messing around getting SA itself to see the new header, just
>> fiddle the results you get back from SA as if the header was in place
>> and the message triggered the matching SA rule.  Add your header as
>> usual with action_add_header().  This also works well on conditions not
>> nearly as clear-cut as a new header.
>
> You cannot use spamassassin's whitelisting capabilities, if you do that.
> Eg. ALL_TRUSTED or USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO.

Well, true;  if the new header affects whitelist/blacklist rule hits, or
SA's "trust path".

But then, why are you calling SA if you know in MD that the message
should be whitelisted or blacklisted?  <g>

*shrug*  Works For Me, although I have to admit it makes the mail flow a
little less modular.

-kgd