[Mimedefang] Some guidance please.

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 5 03:26:39 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 03:03:53PM -0600, Leif Ericksen wrote:
> I have Mimedefang installed on a server that is home to a mail man list
> server.  All seems to me working great but I have one if not 2
> complaints.  I have RTFQ and started some RTFM as well as a STFW.  But I
> seem to be missing the details I need.  OK I will admit it I am being
> lazy and I just want somebody to say hey stupid look over here.  ;)
>
> I would like to change/reduce the information that comes along with the
> tag X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang.   It some times appears twice once with
> the external IP and once with the internal IP.  I really want to get rid
> of the line that shows the internal iP.  I think I can do that with the
> lines
> internal_networks and or trusted networks along with the IP in question.
> I am however unsure of the file that needs to go in or if I am off base.
> Other than that if I wanted to eliminate the IP all together and maybe
> even the version of mimedefang in use that would be great as well...

Err, you are slightly confused. internal_networks and trusted_networks
are spamassassin settings, not MIMEDefang settings (MD is the one that
actually changes headers).

You seem to have missed "man mimedefang". Look for either the "-x" or
"-X" options.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!