[Mimedefang] Recent F-secure (fsav) products and MIMEedefang

Delahunty, Mark MDelahunty at cc.ucc.ie
Wed Aug 27 13:38:49 EDT 2008

I'm trying to get any recent F-secure (fsav) product to work with
MIMEedefang.

We use fsav 4.xx but it stopped updating its definitions since some time
in June, presumably because it's no longer supported. So I got what I
thought was latest equivalent. I upgraded to "F-Secure-linux-security
7.01". But this scanner behaves differently from the old product. It see
these in syslog for example:

/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-xxxxxx016181/./Work/msg-2598-84.htm.
Infection: Trojan-Clicker.HTML.Agent.ag Action: The file was renamed.

and..

fsavd: An error occurred while scanning
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-xxxxxxuu001560/./Work/INPUTMBOX. Invalid
MIME header found

This looks to me like fsav is using different command-line options than
the old fsav

Where can I see what options MIMEdefang uses?

Anybody know if "F-Secure Linux Server Security 5.52" behaves more like
"F-Secure Anti-Virus for Linux Servers 4.xx" ?

Would reinstalling MIMEdefang detect and support the new version?

TIA

Mark Delahunty
Computer Centre
UCC