[Mimedefang] SQL database for MIMEDefang (small)

Jan Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 25 19:18:59 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:06:56AM +0200, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
>> I would prefer to use BDI interface to allow switching to "normal"
>> database if the need arise.
>
> I use Postgres, because we prefer it in the department in all places, where
> there is no particular database required.

Postgres is definately better if you require (somewhat more) standard
SQL, very frequent writes, and/or foreign key consistency.

Mysql is better if you require lots of simultaneous connections to the
database (hundreds or thousands).

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!