[Mimedefang] SQL database for MIMEDefang (small)

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Fri Aug 22 22:51:02 EDT 2008

On 22 Aug 2008 at 17:45, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:

> I would like to use SQL database with "small footprint" in MIMEDefang.
> Which one would you recommend? [<1E6 rows]

I use MySQL running on a different machine from my mail servers, and
right now the only database that particular instance of mysqld is
running is the greylist/prefs for MD.  The database has 238,000 records
in the table of IPs, and a few more tables with a couple thousand
records each.  The database takes up about 80MB on disk.

RSS for mysqld is 36MB, and it doesn't take much processor power.

--
Jeff Rife | "...the flames began at a prophylactic recycling