[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.65-BETA-1 is released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Aug 15 13:37:42 EDT 2008

Jason Bertoch wrote:

> As built on a CentOS 5.2 x64 Xen VM running perl 5.10.0 and gcc version
> 4.1.2, I get warnings related to embperl.c among others.  Configuration and
> make details are in the attached file.

[...]

====
./milter_cap.c: In function milter_version_ok:
./milter_cap.c:37: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of smfi_version differ in signedness
./milter_cap.c:37: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of smfi_version differ in signedness
./milter_cap.c:37: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of smfi_version differ in signedness
====

OK, those three were my fault and I've fixed them.

====
./mimedefang-multiplexor.c: In function do_tick:
./mimedefang-multiplexor.c:4269: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
./mimedefang-multiplexor.c: In function schedule_tick:
./mimedefang-multiplexor.c:4431: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
====

Those are harmless warnings, but I've added code to suppress them.

====
/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE/perl.h:3969: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
./embperl.c:21: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
====

The previous one is unfixable.  It's a bug in perl.h

====
./embperl.c: In function make_embedded_interpreter:
./embperl.c:72: warning: passing argument 2 of Perl_sys_init3 from incompatible pointer type
====

The one above is unfixable too.  gcc should not be warning.