[Mimedefang] pure whitelisting

Renaud PASCAL renaud.pascal at atosorigin.com
Wed Aug 13 10:45:14 EDT 2008

Le mercredi 13 août 2008 16:05, David F. Skoll a écrit :
> Renaud PASCAL wrote:
>
> >  agreed, still there's another possibility but that'd probably be
> > tying a shotgun on one's foot to use it in a production environment :-)
> >  It would require to add-up a sendmail Ruleset that'd take care of
> > "special" access table entries (e.g. 'WLme:IPaddress<TAB>specialmailer')
> > and change the mailer for one that'd skip the milter.
>
> No, you can't do that.  Milter is called by the SMTP server; it doesn't
> depend on the mailer.

 You're bloody right! I don't know what I was thinking, following my
nose while working on a "mailer based totally different problem" and
I ended up mixing it all !-) Sorry!

 Maybe still would it be 'feasible' by preparing several filters
and chosing wich one to use in what case and cheat to trigger
some SM_EXCEPT but that'd be even more a burden and a sword of
Damocles than the previous false idea :-)

--
Save a tree: kill a dyzklaimer