[Mimedefang] pure whitelisting

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Aug 12 15:57:25 EDT 2008

On Nov 28,  3:36am, jef moskot wrote:
} On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, John Nemeth wrote:
} > Just change the message appropriate and uncomment, i.e.:
} > md_syslog("debug", $QueueID . ", DEBUG: $sender is: " . $sender);
}
} Thank you, that was ludicrously useful.  Although the "debug" level
} stopped working after the first call, I am now lying about the importance,
} and the "err" messages are showing up usefully.

     Check your /etc/syslog.conf.  That controls what goes where.

} You helped me figure out another issue as well.  I didn't realize the
} variables were persistent from scan to scan, so I couldn't figure out why
} many messages were whitelisted when they should[n't] be.

     Check the "GLOBAL VARIABLE LIFETIME" section of
mimedefang-filter(5) near the end.  Actually, read the whole thing,
it's a wealth of information.

}-- End of excerpt from jef moskot