[Mimedefang] killing power of ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Aug 12 13:45:33 EDT 2008

jef moskot wrote:

> action_add_header doesn't work inside filter_sender.  Is there a last gasp
> where I can sneak that in there, or is the show over once filter_sender
> returns ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING?

The show is over.

To do what you want, you can't short-circuit the processing in
filter_sender.  Instead, you need to have logic in your filtering
routine that skips various bits of processing for whitelisted senders.
(This is a better idea anyway; it lets you do things like skip spam-scanning
but not virus-scanning for certain users, etc.)

> Is there a flow chart for all the subroutines?

You could try http://www.mimedefang.org/static/mimedefang-lisa04.pdf
(Slides 19, 34 and 37 are what you want.)