[Mimedefang] customizing quarantine notification

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Aug 8 11:36:49 EDT 2008

jef moskot <jef at math.miami.edu> wrote:

>         $QuarantineSubject = $VirusName;

> The $QuarantineSubject thing actually works, although what I'd really like
> is both the name of the virus and the name of the sender (and a little bit
> of hard-coded text).  . . .
> Anyway, I'm just not sure what the grammar for slapping strings together
> is in that context.

$QuarantineSubject = "$VirusName from $Sender";

And if you get the name of the virus in a variable, that too.

> Also, what's up with the delay in send_quarantine_notifications?  I'd
> prefer an immediate response (at least while I'm still debugging), but
> those messages don't get delivered until some time later.  Are they
> hanging around in a queue somewhere or is a bunch of data being reaped at
> a later time to fire off those messages?

MD puts them into the client-mqueue, so they get mailed when the queue
runner runs.  One solution would be to run that very very frequently
during debugging.  It's the sendmail with the -Ac option.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer