[Mimedefang] customizing quarantine notification

jef moskot jef at math.miami.edu
Fri Aug 8 11:11:02 EDT 2008

I'm trying to send the admin notifications of quarantines that have more
useful Subject lines than "MIMEDefang Quarantine Report".

I've got this in my filter_end right now:

    my ($code, $category, $action) = message_contains_virus();

    if ($action eq 'quarantine') {
        action_quarantine_entire_message();

        $QuarantineSubject = $VirusName;

        send_quarantine_notifications();
        action_discard();
    }

The $QuarantineSubject thing actually works, although what I'd really like
is both the name of the virus and the name of the sender (and a little bit
of hard-coded text).  It's easy to visually process what's going on when
you see that lined up in an inbox, and I've got filters built into my
mail client which file things away for future study.

Anyway, I'm just not sure what the grammar for slapping strings together
is in that context.

Also, what's up with the delay in send_quarantine_notifications?  I'd
prefer an immediate response (at least while I'm still debugging), but
those messages don't get delivered until some time later.  Are they
hanging around in a queue somewhere or is a bunch of data being reaped at
a later time to fire off those messages?

Thanks again for the help.

Jeffrey Moskot
System Administrator
jef at math.miami.edu