[Mimedefang] socketmap and Net::Server

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Sat Apr 26 15:51:36 EDT 2008

Michiel Brandenburg <apex at prezent.nl> wrote:

> Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
>> Have you used some CPAN modules for handling NetStrings and SocketMap
>> Queries/Responses in "Net::Server friendly" way?
>>
>> NO => Could you publish the modules?
>
> Unfortunately that server was only hacked together fast like, the
> socketmap protocol is not that hard, look for socketMapClient.pl in the
> contrib directory of the sendmail source, for the required functions. I
> send u my implementation off-list.

Implementation "methodology" in socketMapClient.pl is
"quite unlike" implementation methodology in Net::Cmd.
I tend to treat socketMapClient.pl as a "working prototype"
or  a "sample *basic* implementation".

I know a *high* quality CPAN "Net::Server ready" module(s) would be
a "simple/trivial *after*" thing :-)

--
[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at priv.onet.pl : anfi at xl.wp.pl
Does she think we just want to sit around painting debian swirls on our