[Mimedefang] Re: Mimedefang sending huge return via socketmap

Michiel Brandenburg apex at prezent.nl
Fri Apr 25 11:10:59 EDT 2008

David F. Skoll wrote:
Was just about to send you the strace u requested, that 4kb boundary is
also what I spotted in that trace.

> I found the reason that MIMEDefang chokes on large map replies.  Any
> map reply larger than MAX_CMD_LEN (4kB) will cause desynchronization in
> the multiplexor protocol and all map lookups will mess up after that.
>
> The following patch allows replies up to 64kB; you can probably
> increase MAX_MAP_REPLY_LEN if you need to handle larger replies.
>
> Unfortunately, a reply larger than MAX_MAP_REPLY_LEN will cause protocol
> desynchronization; I have to add code to guard against that.

Until this guard code is in place it would be easy to add size checking
code in mimedefang.pl ( print_and_flush maybe ) preventing protocol
messups is a must.

I will go check your patch.

--
With kind regards,