[Mimedefang] Combatting Backscatter

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Fri Apr 18 05:55:35 EDT 2008

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> I've been seeing a LOT of backscatter lately spreading out to a lot more
> people lately.

> Has anyone got any tricks or ideas up their sleeves?

What I do is this:

* Use the VBounce plugin/rules in SA. This marks bounces as
bounces, checking for bounces of mail that hasn't passed a
configured set of relays.

* Whenever a message has been flagged with ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE by
VBounce, our filter tries to extract the original message from
the bounce and feed that to SA as well. If this works, the higher
of the two SA scores is used for filtering decisions.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet