[Mimedefang] Combatting Backscatter

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Apr 16 18:44:47 EDT 2008

I've been seeing a LOT of backscatter lately spreading out to a lot more
people lately.  I can only imagine more and more ratware is forging from
addresses.

In any case, I'm trying to figure out more about what we can do to combat
them.  I've thought about tagging/recording all outgoing email and comparing
the incoming DSNs, etc. but I'm worried that the emails will come from an
administrator / general mail making this ineffective.

Has anyone got any tricks or ideas up their sleeves?

Regards,
KAM