[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang drop mails into Maildir mailbox

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Sat Apr 12 07:44:16 EDT 2008

I am not sure that would work Bill,

I support a number of domains and any one or two could be unable to
deliver, I don't want the mail delivered anywhere until the remote
servers are back up again. I want all mails to be collected at the time
that the queue entry is first created.

As an MTA, sendmail will deliver the email to the alias and the entry
will be removed from the queue.

That then means that there is no queue entry for when the remote servers
come back up.

I have been asking about this process for the last week or so and have
tried procmail and looked at various other options.

The only one that will do the job must be based on copying the mail in a
Milter when it is being scanned for Spam/Virus etc. At the door so to
speak. I don't want to affect the mail queue at all.

I have had a look at synonym but that is really confusing. I was
recommended MIMEDefang by one of the sendmail news group guys.

jON