[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang drop mails into Maildir mailbox

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Sat Apr 12 00:57:22 EDT 2008

Hi all, I am desperately trying to find a way to drop copies of sendmail
queue items into a maildir so that customers can review their emails
(using something like Squirrelmail) when their server is down and cannot
receive their mail. Also as an archive backup.

I have been recommended to use MimeDefang but having installed it
appears to be way more than I need. I don't particularly want to change
or filter these mails although it might be nice for some domains to
carry out some filtering once I can get to understand the coding
requirements in Perl.

However, for now, can anyone give me a quick rundown of what the bare
minimum is to allow me to accept all mail without change but copy the
mails to a maildir folder please?

Many thanks,

sadsjon