[Mimedefang] Developer release of Email::VirusScan

Dave O'Neill dmo at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Apr 11 10:17:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 05:08:14PM +0300, Henrik K wrote:
> Do you want code for direct communication with certain daemons?
> Constant forking of client binaries is not very efficient on busy
> servers..

Definitely.  Support for any virus scanner out there, daemon or
commandline, is the eventual goal.  The code that exists right now in
Email::VirusScan is just a conversion of the existing mimedefang.pl
virus scanner support to a set of modules, so it only supports whatever
MIMEDefang does.

> I would suggest that you keep a consistent naming, adding ::Command to
> all that are used this way.

I'm not a fan of that.  I've used ::Command only where a particular
engine has both a daemon and a commandline scanner without a more
sensible way to differentiate.

Cheers,
Dave
--