[Mimedefang] /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock unsafe

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 3 08:00:33 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 11:50:09AM +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> >the how-to but it seems to fail for me :)
> spoke too fast, a few minutes after the socket was also destroyed :)

If your socket is disappearing, you have a problem with your
restart script not waiting until the exiting process has actually
exited, usually.

To verify, kill mimedefang and mimedefang-multiplexor, wait until all
processes are really gone (double-check with "ps"), and then start it
fresh. If it stays running, update your restart script. The example rc
script that is provided should address this properly.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!