[Mimedefang] OT: DNS A records to somedomain.com

Cormack, Ken Ken.Cormack at yrcw.com
Wed Apr 2 09:49:06 EDT 2008

I've seen the reverse occur.... Where broken remote mail servers, failing to
do successful MX lookups against your domain to find your target mail
server, suddenly start trying to send port 25 connections to the web server
listed in the A record.  The resulting rejections/bouncebacks they receive
lead them to complain that your mail servers are broken.  It can sometimes
take some convincing to tell them "no... It's YOUR server that's broken...
You're trying to send mail to my web server."

Ken