[Mimedefang] Re: Milter.macros.* for hcpnet.free.fr/milter-greylist

Andrzej Marecki amr at astro.uni.torun.pl
Tue Apr 1 07:03:23 EDT 2008

> > The problem is that according to the README file coming with the
> > milter-greylist source one should add the following lines to
> > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf:
> >
> > O Milter.macros.connect=j,{if_addr}
> > O Milter.macros.envfrom=i
> [...]
> > How should I solve this?
>
> Easy. Do nothing.
>
> milter-greylist needs at least tje macros j and {if_addr} on connect,
> and those are already in the list of Milter.macros.connect, and the
> same goes for the i macro in Milter.macros.envfrom.
>
> So you don't need to add any more macros to the config lines than those
> that are already there. Having more macros in that line than necessary
> doesn't hurt.

Yet, occasionally, I get the following message in syslog:

milter-greylist: smfi_getsymval failed for {if_addr}

Ignore it?

(Sorry for being off-topic.)

--
Andrzej

Andrzej Marecki                |
Torun Centre for Astronomy     |   e-mail: amr at astro.uni.torun.pl
N. Copernicus University       |   WWW:    http://www.astro.uni.torun.pl
ul. Gagarina 11                |   tel: +48 56 6113032
PL-87-100 Torun, POLAND        |   fax: +48 56 6113009