[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang mentioned in InfoWorld article

Andy Lyttle mimedefang at phroggy.com
Wed Sep 12 11:48:32 EDT 2007

> It should have received more notice than that. It's been saving the
> company I work for alone from I don't know how many email viruses and
> spams for quite a while now. :)

You should do some log analysis and find out exactly how many viruses
and spams it's saving them from.  Multiply that number by an
estimated number of seconds it would take an employee to recognize
and delete one message (taking into account that a "You have new
mail!" notification may cause them to momentarily stop what they're
working on and switch over to their e-mail client).  Multiply this by
an estimated average salary, and see how much money you're saving the
company.  If this number is impressively large, show somebody the
math.  If it isn't, keep it to yourself. ;-)

~ Andy