[Mimedefang] Setting clamd timeouts.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 26 18:37:50 EDT 2007

Jan-Pieter Cornet wrote:

>   alarm($virus_scanning_timeout);
>   eval {
>       ($code, $category, $action) = message_contains_virus();
>   };
>   alarm(0);

That works, but it could leave you with open file descriptors and
other resource leaks.  Probably not a big deal given how MIMEDefang
kills slaves after a while, but still...

> (And, given this solution, I'd wait for the new and improved AV
> interface that is supposed to appear in MD anytime soon :)

The new-and-improved interface *will* appear... but maybe not so soon. :-(
Other priorities have a nasty habit of jumping to the head of the queue.