[Mimedefang] accept, then scan?

Andy Lyttle mimedefang at phroggy.com
Fri Sep 21 20:44:27 EDT 2007

> Are you sure those FPs are cause by using zen as a sending-host
> RBL, and
> not while using zen as an URIBL?

Quite sure, yes.  I was using it with Sendmail's DNSBL feature.

> The difference between sbl-xbl and zen is only the pbl, which is a
> list
> of known dynamic dialup lines, a large part of which are given by the
> ISPs voluntarily to the spamhaus project. Users on dynamic dialup
> really
> should not use direct delivery, but use their ISP smarthost, or the
> smarthost of their email provider if that's not the same.

I remember the problem now.  It wasn't a normal false positive.  I
had legitimate users trying to relay through my server, rather than
other servers trying to relay mail to my users.  They were being
rejected before they had a chance to authenticate.  So, there's
probably nothing wrong with the zen list, I just couldn't use it in
that way, because I use the same server to handle both functions
(receiving incoming mail and relaying outgoing mail).

~ Andy