[Mimedefang] accept, then scan?

Jason Gurtz jason at jasongurtz.com
Fri Sep 21 13:06:54 EDT 2007

On 9/21/2007 02:05, Tomasz Ostrowski wrote:
> I'm using MIMEdefang on PentiumII 350Mhz, 256MB RAM. Beat that ;-)

At the "old plaice" I was running MIMEDefang on a Pentium (one) 200MMX
(running 166Mhz underclocked multiplier, but overclocked 83MHz bus) with
256MB, 5400RPM IDE under a custom lightweight Linux 2.4 OS.

With the tuning I did, it was OK for the two dozen or so POP and (slow)
webmail users.  At the time we (foolishly) had a backup MX.  During ETRN
was the only time the system would really get overloaded and start
tempfailing.

In hindsight, getting rid of the webmail and upping the ram would have
done wonders!

~Jason