[Mimedefang] Redhat path-variable is missing in the init-script ..

Fred de Brouwer brouwer.f at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 19 08:50:12 EDT 2007

I am building a new system running Redhat Fedora 7 and found mimedefang
is failing to start using the provided init script
    "./mimedefang-2.63/redhat/mimedefang-init.in"

The startup error mentions the "mimedefang.pl" script was not found at
line 163. While checking the init-script I found that the script was not
started including the $PROGDIR variable. Also the directory
"/usr/local/bin/" (where it is located) is missing in the $PATH
variable, which does explain the given error.

I reckon this can be updated in the next release.

[..-2.63/redhat] fdb$ diff mimedefang-init.in-org mimedefang-init.in
163c163
<     mimedefang.pl $([ -n "$SUBFILTER" ] && echo "-f $SUBFILTER") -test
 > @SPOOLDIR@/configtest.out 2>&1
---
 >     $PROGDIR/mimedefang.pl $([ -n "$SUBFILTER" ] && echo "-f
$SUBFILTER") -test > @SPOOLDIR@/configtest.out 2>&1

Kind regards,
 Fred