[Mimedefang] some scanning of authed users

Ken Menzel kenlist at icarz.com
Fri Sep 14 14:40:28 EDT 2007

Hi,
  I want to submit all mails in or out to virus scanning and other
mimedefang rules,  but outgoing authenticated users, don't get sent to
spamassassin.  SA falsely marks some as spam because the authenticated
user may is on a blacklisted/dyn network and wastes resources doing
non-local checks.  So I added the following code (by the plus signs)
into the filter_end.  Does this seem resonable?  Should I have
modified $SALocalTestsOnly to force local tests only if authenticated?
Anything big missed? Just checking my logic so I don't mess up our
email!
Thanks,
Ken

sub filter_end {
    # No sense doing any extra work
    return if message_rejected();

+     # if user is authenticated don't scan for SPAM
+     read_commands_file();
+     if($SendmailMacros{'auth_authen'}) {
+              md_syslog('warning', 'authenticated user do not send to
SA');
+              return;

    # Spam checks if SpamAssassin is installed
    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
        if (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 100*1024) {

Ken Menzel
kmenzel at whisolutions.com
/earth is 98% full ... please delete anyone you can.