[Mimedefang] No auth_ info from sendmail?

Karl Boyken boyken at divms.uiowa.edu
Fri Sep 7 17:05:26 EDT 2007

I've run into a strange problem.  We're running MIMEDefang 2.62 and
sendmail 8.14.1.  I'm trying to use the $SendmailMacros{'auth_type'}
macro in mimedefang-filter.  But, it rarely seems to be set.  I've tried
accessing it in filter_sender, after a call to read_commands_file(), and
also, in filter_end, with no call to read_commands_file().  But, the
auth_ macros almost never are set.  Has anyone run across this before?
Thanks.

Karl Boyken

--
Karl Boyken, system administrator
karl-boyken at uiowa.edu
303A MLH, Dept. of Comp. Sci.
http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~boyken/
The U. of Iowa, Iowa City, IA  52242   319-335-2730 (voice)
319-335-3668 (fax)