[Mimedefang] ADMINISTRIVIA: Out-of-office replies

Cormack, Ken ken.cormack at roadway.com
Thu Sep 6 15:35:13 EDT 2007

> And even if you are forced to use M$FT- or L0TUS-ware, you're running
> MIMEDefang (right?) so you should be able to code up rules to
> prevent out-of-office notifications from going to the list.

We use Exchange here.  :/

I'm thinking of something like this, in filter_end()

In my filter, I have a function called "relayed_from_inside()" that looks at
the IP address of the connecting machine and tells me if it's on my internal
segments.  I'll set a single variable at the top of mimedefang-filter that
looks something like this:

$Ken_Is_Out_Of_Office = 0;

When I'm here at the office, I can leave that set to 0.  When I go out of
town, I can set it to 1.

Then, in filter_end, I could do something like this...

	sub filter_end

	  if $($Ken_Is_Out_Of_Office) {
	    my flag = 0;
	    foreach my $recip (@Recipients) {
	      if ($recip =~ /roaringpenguin\.com/i) {
	        $flag = 1;
	        last;
	      }
	      if ($flag
	        && relayed_from_inside()
	        && $Subject =~ /^Subject: Out of Office AutoReply: /) {
	          return action_discard();
	      }
	    }
	  }

	}

Does anyone agree that this would work as intended?

Ken