[Mimedefang] ADMINISTRIVIA: Out-of-office replies

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Sep 6 13:36:19 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've had a few problems with this lately, so I'd like to reiterate my
policy:

If I or the MIMEDefang list receives an "out-of-office" reply in
response to a list posting, I will unsubscribe the offender from
MIMEDefang.  There's really no excuse in 2007 for using broken
auto-responders that respond to mailing lists.

And even if you are forced to use M$FT- or L0TUS-ware, you're running
MIMEDefang (right?) so you should be able to code up rules to
prevent out-of-office notifications from going to the list.