[Mimedefang] graphdefang file and memory size to big

Juergen Kleff juergen.kleff at gmx.de
Thu Sep 6 07:29:26 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag September 6 2007 schrieb Andrew Watkins:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using graphdefang 0.9 for ages and I think it is great, but
> every Six months or so the database becomes so big that the process
> fails due to out of memory and then all past results are lost.
>
> My limit is a SummaryDB.db of 500MB which using about 2G of memory
> during a run. Has anyone got over this problem are has a version which
> uses a different database format?

I just do a
 graphdefang.pl --trim
once a month (just use an interval that suits your needs).

From graphdefang.pl:

--trim:
Trim the SummaryDB to cut out old data.  It trims out:
1.  hourly data older than 1.25x$NUM_HOURS_SUMMARY hours
2.  daily data older than 1.25x$NUM_DAYS_SUMMARY days
3.  all but top 25 sender, recipient, value1, value2, subject values
    for all dates prior to the current hour, day, and month..

Jürgen