[Mimedefang] Mail Restrictions with sendmail and mimedefang

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 5 08:24:04 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 03:00:39PM +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> I first want to block Bcc and limit Cc to about 5 users. I googled a
> lot. But, I am still not be able to achieve this task.

You really don't want to do this. For a start, nobody will be able to
receive mailinglists messages anymore (since these are effectively
delivered using "Bcc" - at least, you won't find your address in the
To: or Cc: lines, and yet you still receive the email).

You can limit the maximum number of recipients that can be mailed at
the same time by setting confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE in the sendmail.mc
file.

However, before you do so, make sure you know how email delivery works.
Especially with the relation of the envelope To with the To:, Cc: and
Bcc: headers (which in practice don't have anything to do with where
the mail is delivered). You should be able to google some interesting
descriptions by searching for "SMTP protocol" or "mail envelope".

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!