[Mimedefang] mimedefang-multiplexor slave segfaults

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Oct 26 20:56:07 EDT 2007

On Mar 18,  6:32am, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
}
} I've been a Linux sysadmin since '94. But the system in question, I'm
} afraid, is fairly stock, current Gentoo. And Gentoo has degraded in quality
} over the last year or so, partly because their bugzilla admins compete in
} closing bug reports on trivial excuses to have their stats look good.

     Lovely...

} But the joy of running a fairly stock Linux distro is there's rarely
} anything that needs debugging at this level. Anyway, since you don't have
} more advice on how to get a meaningful core dump out of this system, does
} someone else on this list? Is the lack of debugging symbols on this a fault

     I answered that in another message.  The basic issue is that
MIMEDefang's Makefile will strip debugging symbols by default, so you
need to tell it not to do so.

} of the Gentoo genkernel used on this particular box?

     This has absolutely nothing to do with the kernel.

} On the embedded Perl thing, unless that's used by default by some package
} it's not installed here.

     "embedded Perl" is an attribute of a Perl using package, not of
Perl.

}-- End of excerpt from Whit Blauvelt