[Mimedefang] mimedefang-multiplexor slave segfaults

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Oct 26 10:09:07 EDT 2007

Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> Did as you've suggested, but no core file is showing up in
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang - or anywhere else on the system. Yet repeatedly:

Grrr...

> slave 1 (pid 14500) exited due to signal 11 (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY)

That's annoying.  About the only thing I can suggest is:

1) Run "md-mx-ctrl slaves" to get some slave process IDs

2) Attach gdb to one of them:

   gdb /path/to/mimedefang-multiplexor pid_of_slave

3) In gdb, type "cont" to let the slave keep running

4) Hope that that's the one that dies.  If it does, gdb will print a
message and you can type "where" to get a stack trace.

Are you using embedded Perl?  Try turning that off to see if it
fixes the problem.

> Might the slave be effectively started from some other location by the
> multiplexor, which would need to be made writable for it?

No; the slaves do a "cd /var/spool/MIMEDefang" as part of their
startup.